Domestic Abuse Help


Coronavirus and Domestic Abuse Support

If you or someone else is in immediate danger please call 999 and ask for the policeSilent calls will work if you are not safe to speak – use the Silent Solution system and call 999 and then press 55 when prompted. If you can’t use a voice phone, you can register with the police text service - text REGISTER to 999.  You will get a text which tells you what to do next.  Do this when it is safe so you can text when you are in danger.

Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid (BSWA) supports women and children affected by domestic violence and abuse. You are not alone.

Further Domestic Abuse Support

Karis Medical Centre is an IRISi practice and if you would like to speak to an IRIS Advocate please book a GP telephone appointment and we can help refer you for support. from IRIS for:

  • Emotional support: a safe place to talk and support dealing with the impact of DVA on emotional/physical well-being.
  • Practical support: including advice around finances/benefits, referrals into counselling/group work, housing, legal advice, safety planning, referrals to MARAC/safeguarding, support reporting to Police or attending court.

For further information on domestic abuse support in the West Midlands
during COVID-19: click here to download leaflet