Patient Access App
Download the Patient Access App from the Apple or Android store or visit the website patientaccess.com to:
- book appointments
- order prescriptions
- access online services
Register online or through the app and then please bring ID to reception to complete registration.
You can make a face to face or telephone appointment with one of our GPs for up to two weeks in a advance.
You are welcome to choose which GP you see. We strongly recommend seeing the same GP each time to help improve continuity of care.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Text Messaging Service
We have a texting service which allows you to:
- Receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments
- Cancel appointments by replying to the text message stating the word "CANCEL"
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
You can book an appointment with a Practice Nurse for 2-3 weeks ahead. Practice Nurses have training and experience in:
- Minor illness
- Health promotion and screening
- Chronic disease management
They also provide a range of services including:
- Travel advice and Immunisations
- Minor illness clinic
- Dressings and wound care
- Monitoring of chronic diseases
- Weight and Lifestyle advice
- Sexual Health and Family Planning
Should you have an urgent medical problem that you feel needs to be dealt with the same day, you should:
- Phone Karis Medical Centre and speak to the receptionist
- Request an urgent triage appointment
- Briefly explain the problem to the receptionist
- Provide a telephone number, which we can contact you on for the next two hours.
Your details will then be passed onto the oncall duty doctor or specialist minor illness nurse who will ring you to triage your problem.
Patients are requested, where possible, to telephone before 11am if a home visit is required that day.
We would request that, apart from the genuinely housebound, all other patients attend the surgery rather than request a home visit because of the extra time home visiting takes.
Please note that the doctor may telephone you rather than visit you if this is medically appropriate. Ultimately it is the doctors right to decide whether or not a visit is appropriate for a particular set of circumstances.
Extended Opening Hours
Extended Hours Surgeries with a GP/Nurse
07:30 to 08:00
18:30 to 19:30
GP hub appointments: Karis Medical Centre is also part of the myhealthcare federation of practices in Birmingham. This allows our receptionists to book evening and weekend, GP and nurse appointments at our local hub in Harborne.
- Harborne Medical Practice, 4 York Street, Birmingham B17 0HG. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 427 5246
Our receptionists can also offer patients telephone consultations with either a GP or Pharmacist based in MyHealthcare's virtual Hub at West Heath Medical Centre.
- West Heath Medical Centre, 194-196 West Heath Road, B31 3HB. Appointment cancellation telephone no. 0121 483 2122